On November 16, 2018, the Committee of Empowered Officers under the Nirbhaya Fund, chaired by the Secretary of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, included three proposals under the Nirbhaya Fund, including the creation of 1023 Special Way Courts Fast
Establishment of 1023 fast-track special courts
• The Committee approved the proposal of the Department of Justice of the Ministry of Law and Justice to establish 1023 Special Fast Track Tribunals (FTSC) to resolve cases pending violation and the POCSO Law throughout the country.
• The project was approved with a total financial outlay of 767.25 million rupees.
• In the first phase, 777 FTSC will be configured in 9 states and in the second phase, 246 FTSCs will be configured.
Acquisition of forensic kits for cases of sexual assault.
• The Committee approved the proposal of the Ministry of the Interior for the acquisition of forensic kits for cases of sexual assault to initiate the use of such kits in the States.
• These kits will be used through Training of Trainers (TOT), capacity development or forensic training in cases of sexual assault and strengthening of the State Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL).
• The proposal was approved with a total financial implication of Rs 107.19 crore.
Start-up of the video surveillance system in 50 railway stations.
• The Committee approved the proposal of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited to establish a video surveillance system in 50 railway stations with a total project cost of Rs 17.64 crore.
• The funds will be used for surveillance hardware and accessories, local connectivity equipment and power supply devices.
Approval in principle for the state vehicle tracking platform
In addition to these three proposals, the committee approved in principle the proposal of the Ministry of Transport by Road and Motorways of the Union for C-DAC for the customization, deployment and management of the state vehicle tracking platform for safety and security. application.