The Autism Center of India (IAC), a world-class autistic municipality, is planning to build near kolkata, where children and adults with developmental disorders will receive training, treatment, and services.
The one-of-a-kind initiative is a joint effort between a private company and the state government. It is expected to emerge on a 52-acre land in Sirakol in the south of 24 Parganas in the next five years.
• The municipality is expected to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 500 crore. It will be built under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013
• Construction work for the municipality will begin in 2019 and is expected to be completed by 2023. The smooth launch of the project was scheduled for January 2019.
• The center will be the first of its kind in India and abroad, with housing for 350 residents and day care for more than 200 children, adolescents, and adults.
• Will have provisions to train teachers, who will take care of those who suffer from the disorder.
• It will also have an administrative wing and a boarding house to accommodate the parents of those who receive training at the institute.